If you are reading this article, you are probably wondering; How do I capture leads from website traffic? In this article, we will provide you with valuable tips on how to capture and convert website leads into real sales.
What Are Website Leads?
Leads can be described as contact details of potential customers that are interested in a company’s products or services. Before the internet and digital marketing, capturing leads consisted of salespeople setting up stalls in busy areas and talking to passers-by, capturing their information, and following up with those leads.
Today, digital marketing has changed everything and made lead capturing so much easier!! Website leads refer to leads that have been generated via your company’s website. Ultimately, website leads consist of website visitors taking a specific action on your website where they provide you with their information to be contacted at a later stage. This could include an email, telephone number, and a host of other information.
What is the Best Way to Capture Leads?
Your website is one of the best ways to capture leads and there are a few key methods that one can utilise to get the best results. Some of these methods and tools include:
- Sidebar Contact Forms: The sidebar is a fantastic place to display a contact form as you are able to include it in a way that is visible and eye-catching but isn’t too obstructive to the visitor. You don’t want to make them feel forced to sign up but you do want to make it as easy as possible for them to do so if they wish to be contacted.
- Chatbots: Including a chatbot on your website is all the rage right now and that’s because it works! They can provide basic guidance to your website visitors as well as make it easy for them to contact you should they have any questions.
- Pop-Ups: A pop-up is a form that literally pops up on the screen when someone enters the website or after they perform a certain action. They are a little more aggressive than other tactics but they do tend to work, especially when they pop-up at the correct time.
- Free Lead Magnets: Everyone is happy to give away their contact information in exchange for valuable information that they are searching for. It is important to ensure that the information you are giving away is truly comprehensive and helpful; otherwise, this could result in the visitor feeling cheated into giving away their contact details.
- Calls To Action: Even though they might seem small and insignificant, a great call to action (CTA) should never be underestimated. Without CTA’s visitors can feel lost on a website and might bounce off without completing any actions on your website. Therefore, you should always make it clear what visitors should do to proceed to more valuable information or how to contact you.
Once you have a lead it is important to capture that lead in a central location and follow up on that lead as quickly as possible as it has been proven that the faster you make contact with a potential customer, the higher your chances are of making a sale. A CRM such as Leadtrekker makes this process exceptionally easy as all leads are stored in a central location. You are also able to assign leads to the correct salespeople with ease. As leads are assigned a salesperson will receive a notification and will receive reminders if they have not yet followed up on the lead.
Contact our team to find out more about how Leadtrekker can help you capture and convert leads.