If you’re part of the online sales and marketing world, “lead generation” should be a familiar term. Leadtrekker sheds some light on what lead generation is; whether it’s new to you or you are just looking for some tips.
What is a Lead?
Leads are potential customers who have shown some form of interest in your products or services.
Lead Generation Meaning
Lead generation is a set of methods used to attract potential clients to your business, by giving them all the information and resources that they need to get them started:
- Who your company is
- What it does
- What you have to offer
- Why it is useful and to whom
- How to get in contact
These methods, though often similar, are usually custom-made entirely to fit in with the marketing strategy of the business to optimise the amount of leads generated.
There are Two Main Categories in Lead Generation: Inbound and Outbound:
- Inbound marketing is the process of ensuring that potential customers have easy access to your company’s information on multiple platforms.
- The engagement that the potential client exhibits on these platforms should allow your company to collate relevant information. This allows your sales team to successfully offer customers and clients precisely what they’re looking for, in the most enticing way. We’re going to be focusing more on inbound marketing for the purpose of this article.
- Outbound marketing ensures that your company can be found, even if the public are unaware of its existence. These methods ensure that you are actively targeting those you want to see the content paired with a strong call-to-action to ensure that they can find their way to more information on your platforms with ease. This strategy is intended to help your company stand out, to grow your online presence and remain at the top of the ranks.
Inbound marketing is more informative, while outbound marketing drives potential customers to buy your product or service. A successful lead generation process will ensure that both of these strategies are in place, to optimise the number of leads generated and to increase your chances of a sale.
Why is Lead Generation Important?
So you’ve got a target market, great marketing ideas and awesome deals on your products or services? Fantastic! Does anyone know about your company? Lead generation ensures that you don’t get lost in the noise of every other company offering something similar. The growth of any business relies on a constant flow of new leads and clients.
How Do You Start?
You Need a Website
An exceptional website at that. A strong online presence is imperative to helping your potential clients find you, organically. Your website is the foundation for all of your content and is the place that all of your leads will end up in their journey through the sales funnel.
A few things to keep in mind about a great website:
- Make it attractive: People will spend more time on your site and be more inclined to explore if it’s visually appealing.
- Make it interesting: Ensure that your content is informative and captures attention! Add informative blogs relevant to your product or service to add more detail.
- Create valuable content: You’ll want to look into optimising your content via search engine optimisation (SEO). SEO ensures that you achieve better rankings on search engines, automatically helping you to generate more leads. Search engines favour websites with high-quality content, so creating original, valuable content is crucial.
- Make it mobile-friendly: Your audience (regardless of who you are targeting) is using their phones to search the web; ensure that your site is mobile-friendly so that they can find you without a PC. Ensure that your website is compatible for all devices (tablet, smartphone, etc.)
- Make it easy to navigate: Convenience is key – ensure that the information is readily available without overloading your site with too much information. This goes hand in hand with a great User Experience (UX) design, which ensures that your visitors have a positive experience while on your website. This means also ensuring that your site is compatible across all browsers (Internet Explorer, Opera, Firefox, Safari, etc.)
- Make it easy for people to contact you, and for your team to follow up with them by adding an opt-in form. If you want to increase your chances of them filling out this form, add in an enticing incentive – either a discount on a product or service, or relevant tips that will benefit them. You can make these forms into a pop-up to remind your visitor to sign up before they go. This will also make it easier for you to capture your leads more effectively. Make it something worthwhile that makes them want to trust you with their information!
- Speaking of trust, make absolutely sure that your website is secure. Your client relationships are built on trust, so it is important that your site is served over a secure encrypted (https://) connection. Many people will not entertain a website for more than a few seconds if it is not secure.
- Powerful calls to action (CTAs) are essential throughout all of your content. If your clients know exactly what steps to take on your platforms to get to their desired result, they are more likely engage with you and move from a prospect to a sale.
- Blog about it: Blogs are a great way to add natural content on your website without flooding it with too much information.
- Add testimonials: With all of these resources at our fingertips, word of mouth, positive recommendations are still one of the best ways to up your brand awareness and bring in fresh leads.
You Need to get Social
Once you’re satisfied with the quality with the above, it’s time to promote your company on social media platforms.
- Social media is a powerful tool that provides endless possibilities for sharing, engaging and increasing your brand awareness.
- People spend a large amount of time on social media, so it’s important to be seen on these platforms. Starting a business page opens the door for sharing content that leads back to your site, and allows potential leads to engage with your team. Opinions on social media tend to spread like wildfire, and stick, so you’ll need to ensure that the content you’re sharing is informative and interesting – much like what you have on your site. You can also share blog posts on these platforms that will lead the readers back to your website.
- Putting competitions together on these platforms will also help you increase the engagement that you receive; the more engagement you get on these platforms, the better you will rank with search engines.
- So you have leads pouring in; well done! Now, what efficient system can you use to capture, organise and optimise your leads?
- Leadtrekker is a lead management system that can help improve the lead management process for any industry and provide ways to interact with leads once they have been generated.
A quality lead management system is revolutionary for lead conversion. Leadtrekker assists with most of the organising and provides support to ensure that your lead management is successful. For more information and expert advice, contact Leadtrekker today!