CRM software, otherwise referred to as Customer Relationship Management software aids companies in customer acquisition and retention. It does this by tracking and prioritising leads, keeping pertinent client information at hand, and providing you with data so that you may improve your sales and customer retention process.
When searching for the perfect CRM software in South Africa for your company, there are a number of features and considerations to keep in mind while making your decision.
Basic CRM Features
There are a few basic features that every CRM should possess to fulfil the overall purpose of improving the management of customer relationships in both acquisition and retention phases. These basic features consist of:
- Integration: Your CRM should be able to integrate seamlessly with your website, calendars, and email in order to properly perform its other duties.
- Reporting: The CRM should have customisable reports and dashboards that can display the information and data acquired in an easily digestible manner.
- Lead Management: Every lead that comes in should be tracked and assigned to a salesperson to follow up on.
- Task Management: It is important to have a CRM that can create, share and manage tasks to ensure nothing is missed.
- Portability: As many sales representatives are on the road a lot, it is important to have a CRM that can be accessed on the road via a tablet or smartphone.
Additional CRM Features
Even though the previously mentioned features will provide a business with decent coverage and service, it is always nice to have a few extra features that will in the long term provide a large benefit. Such additional features could include:
- Sales Management: Some CRMs can offer you data on any sales related activities so that one can react appropriately.
- Communication Management: If your CRM allows users to input relevant information (both personal and business-related), communication will improve as well as the relationship with customers.
- Marketing ROI Measurement: A good CRM should be able to measure ROI (Return On Investment). This will allow users to identify pain points and improve where necessary.
- Response Time Management: Certain CRMs track the response time on leads. This is important as lead response time has been directly correlated to the number of sales made.
- Notifications: Notifications (email or SMS) are a great way to never lose track of a lead and stay on top of what needs to be done in a day.
- Superior Lead Assignment: A good feature to look out for in a CRM is automated lead assignment escalation. If a lead comes in, the response time is tracked and the salesperson that it has been assigned to has not responded fast enough, some CRMs automatically reassign that lead to another salesperson or it is escalated to a manager.
Considerations for Choosing CRM Online Software in South Africa
There are a few considerations one should keep in mind when browsing for the right CRM that will suit your business needs.
- Business Size: The size of your business will determine whether you need a CRM that is suited to a small business, medium organisation, or large corporation. Thus, it will influence how complex and feature heavy the CRM is that you will choose.
- Affordability: Typically, a larger corporation will opt for a more expensive CRM whereas a start-up will choose a CRM that is more affordable. There are also CRMS that can scale with your business as it grows in both features available and price range.
- Customer Support: It is important to find out how much support you will be offered by your CRM and if it will be as comprehensive as you require.
- Ease of Use: It is advisable to opt for a CRM that is user-friendly as this is something that should be simple to use and encourage a sales team to interact with it because it is enjoyable and makes their lives easier.
The Best CRM Software in South Africa
Leadtrekker has all of the basic features required in functional CRM software in South Africa; however, it is also equipped with all of the additional features that allow for true customer relation support and improvement.