Whether big or small, every business can benefit from making use of a CRM. Whether you need to increase your organisation skills, want to keep track of leads, or improve your customer relationships and retention rate, there is always a need for a CRM. In this article, we will explore how CRM account management works and how it can benefit your business.
What is CRM in Account Management?
A Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system, is a tool that is integrated into and used throughout a business. Any department that communicates with a potential or current customer should have access to this system. In this way, a CRM assists with and streamlines the account management process within marketing, sales, customer service and support, and more. When used effectively, it can increase productivity, improve the customer’s experience, and even help grow the company more efficiently.
Using a CRM System for Account Management
There are many ways in which a CRM can be utilised to perform and assist with account management. Some of the most important features that make this possible include:
- Manage Customer Data: Effectively storing customer data can be a problem in many businesses. With a customer having multiple touchpoints in a company, there is no guarantee that one employee will communicate the necessary information to another. A CRM solves this problem by allowing for all customer data to be stored in one centralised location. Every employee that has access to the CRM will be able to access this data and will therefore be up to date with the latest developments on the customer’s journey.
- Communicate with Customers: A Customer Relationship Management system will allow you to improve your communication with customers. It does this by streamlining and personalising communication while allowing it to remain consistent. Not only will those communicating with the customer be able to access the history of the customer’s relationship with the company but some of the communication can be automated.
- Automate Processes: Communication isn’t the only thing that can be automated with a CRM. Some other processes and tasks that can be automated include data entry, reporting, reminders, lead assignments, and more. This will free up valuable time for employees to focus on other, more important and complex tasks and processes.
- Analyse Valuable Information: As the history of a customer’s relationship with the company can be accessed, one will gain insight into important data and customer behaviour information. Therefore, those dealing with clients will be able to make informed decisions based on a customer’s history. One will also be able to track important metrics such as ROI, the success of certain marketing campaigns, retention statistics, and more. This will allow one to identify and improve on problematic areas within the business.
- Utilise a Shared Platform: As all employees are able to access a CRM, it will be easy for them to update the system with new information. This will automatically allow all employees to collaborate, share information, and remain updated. This will help everyone to remain on track and work towards the same goal.
Leadtrekker is a CRM system that allows for this and more. Contact our team to find out exactly how a CRM can improve your business and the way in which you perform account management.