Blogging is probably one of the most important aspects to lead generation in digital marketing; however, there is a difference between the flow of traffic to your blog post and the actual leads (otherwise known as conversions) generated by a blog post.
In this article, we will not only provide you with 5 steps on how to generate traffic to your blog, but also on how to convert blog readers to leads that you can contact and turn into customers.
5 Ways to Make Your Blog a Lead Generation Funnel
Now that we know that blogs are a great way to generate leads, it should be mentioned that the way in which you write your blog post determines if it will do well or not. So how do you write a blog post to generate leads? Well, there are 5 key elements to keep in mind when writing a blog with the purpose of generating a lead.
- Keyword Research: Doing keyword research to find out what information your target audience is searching for, and writing blog content to provide readers with that information.
- CTA: A CTA, also known as a ‘Call To Action’, is a short invitation to your reader to sign up, download something, click something, read further, or find out more. Basically, it is anything that prompts the reader to take an action that will convert that reader into a lead.
- Retargeting and Remarketing: A portion of your readers will leave without taking the action that you wanted them to take (like filling out a form). This problem can be solved by retargeting those readers with Facebook or Google Ads, which will draw them back to convert into a lead.
- Lead Magnets: It is advisable to create a large document filled with relevant information that your target audience is looking for. The idea is for your readers to provide their details before being able to access that information. Make sure that what it contains is really valuable, as this tactic will not work otherwise.
- Helpful Content: It is important to ensure that the content you write is always helpful and relevant as this will position you as an industry leader that is knowledgeable and giving.
How Do I Convert Blog Traffic to Leads?: A Final Answer
Leads are not as effective if you do not capture and follow up on them correctly and efficiently. This is why it is important to invest in a CRM. A CRM system is a Client Relationship Management system and is designed to help you convert leads once you have captured them.
In short, a CRM allows you to create landing pages through which leads will be captured, it will then assign leads to relevant salespeople, and escalate the lead if it has not been responded to in a desirable timeframe.
Leadtrekker is a custom-designed CRM that has been created to help businesses of any size capitalise on their leads. To find out more about the features that can help you grow your business and manage your lead effectively, contact the team at Leadtrekker.