When it comes to marketing, it is important to track the results of each campaign that is launched. Without these metrics, it is impossible to determine whether a campaign has been successful or not.
In this article, we will discuss how lead magnet tracking can be done, as well as how you could increase the traffic towards your lead magnet.
How Do Lead Magnets Get Traffic?
There are many ways in which one can drive traffic towards your lead magnet and increase the number of sign-ups you receive.
- Pop-Ups: As people arrive on or exit your website, you can trigger a pop-up that prompts them to sign up for your lead magnet before continuing with their action. This is a great method as it is something that cannot be missed.
- Social Media: It is a good idea to post your lead magnet on your social media page as you often will target a wide audience of potential customers that have not taken the leap to become a customer yet.
- Email: Though this might seem redundant as you already have the email address, making use of a lead magnet to separate your current client base into those who would be interested in a certain product or service, could assist in creating a target market for upselling purposes.
- Paid Advertising: Making use of paid advertising such as Google Ads to promote your lead magnet could drastically increase the number of sign-ups which will yield a larger pool of qualified leads.
- Blogs: If your blogs are SEO-optimised you should already be receiving a lot of traffic to your website. You can further make use of this traffic by encouraging readers to sign up for your lead magnet in one or a few of your blogs.
How Do You Track Lead Magnets
It is one thing to create a lead magnet but another to create a successful lead magnet. In order to determine whether a lead magnet was successful or not, one must track and measure the number of downloads as well as the number of sales that resulted from the exercise.
- Tracking Downloads: When we track downloads, we are tracking the number and percentage of users that provided you with their contact details in exchange for the asset provided in your lead magnet. This will determine whether or not you came up with an idea that consumers truly want and need. This can easily be tracked by making use of tools such as Google Analytics.
- Tracking Sales: The end goal of any lead magnet is to make more sales. Therefore, to determine how successful a lead magnet was and if it truly piqued the interest of and gathered highly qualified leads, one must track the sales that resulted from the campaign. A CRM will allow you to track the entire sales process of a lead and determine the success rate of a campaign; therefore, determining whether one should perform the same exercise again or whether improvements need to be made.
Leadtrekker is a CRM that can assist you in storing, organising, and assigning leads to salespeople. It is also able to assist salespeople throughout the sales process as well as other employees once the lead has converted into a paying customer.
Contact the Leadtrekker team to find out more about how we can assist you in converting leads into successful sales.