Social media marketing is a fantastic way in which to generate leads. When done correctly, it is a powerful tool that will allow you to have more potential clients than ever before. The only thing you will need is the proper knowledge, guidance, and budget to make it work.
In this article, we will discuss the benefits of using social media for lead generation and provide you with some ideas on how to do this effectively.
The Benefits of Generating Leads on Social Media
There are many benefits to making use of social media marketing to generate leads. However, some of the more prominent benefits consist of:
- Large Audience: Between Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other prominent social media apps, there are said to be around about 4.9 billion social media users worldwide. Now, while a percentage of these users do not have buying power (yet), there is still a large percentage that uses these apps to find out more about a brand before supporting them. Therefore, you are generating leads that have already done their homework on your brand and know what they want.
- Accurate Targeting: As every user uploads personal information such as age, job title, interests, etc onto their social media profiles, this information can be utilised for targeting purposes. You can set up a demographic of what your ideal client would be and target those individuals. This allows for a type of pre-qualification of potential leads.
- Cost Effective: As far as paid advertising goes, social media marketing and lead generation aren’t as expensive as other forms of paid advertising. You can accurately control your budget, and because you can set up a target market you will not have to advertise to the masses hoping that you’ll gain a lead somewhere.
How to Generate Sales Leads Through Social Media
There are a variety of ways in which one can generate leads through social media marketing. Each method is useful in its own way and will be able to gain you leads if executed correctly.
- Targeted Ads: If one makes use of specific targeting to reach your ideal customer through paid ads, there is a very high chance of obtaining leads. All you need to run targeted ads, is a very good understanding of your target market and a skilled social media marketer to help you set up these paid ads. These ads should also contain offers that are appealing to your ideal customer.
- Lead Gen Ads: Another option is to run lead generation ads. These ads also make use of targeting but contain pre-populated forms that allow users to sign up quickly and on the spot. Therefore, a user won’t have to first be redirected to a landing page in order to sign up. This should decrease your drop-off rate.
- Retargeting Ads: Implementing retargeting, ultimately allows you to once again “approach” users that have previously visited your website or navigated to the landing page, but never completed the sign-up process. Therefore, you have a second chance to seal the deal with lost prospective leads.
- Lead Magnets: Utilising a lead magnet is a fantastic way to gather leads on social media. All you need to do is offer a user something of value, that they really want or need, for free. All you ask for is their contact details in exchange for this valuable offer.
- Sponsorships/Influencers: Making use of influencers or sponsoring an ad can make a world of difference when generating leads. This is because an influencer’s audience already trusts them and will be more inclined to sign up or purchase a product if an influencer is making use of that product or service.
Effectively Capture Leads Using a CRM
It is one thing to run campaigns on social media that will generate leads; however, if one does not have the means of effectively capturing and assigning these leads to sales personnel, they will be useless. This is why it is important to make use of a CRM (client relationship management system). A CRM will allow you to create landing pages, qualify and organise leads, assign leads to sales representatives, send notifications, and much more!
Contact us at Leadtrekker to find out more about how we can assist you in turning your leads into customers.